Sunday 3 June 2007

Ponies of the New Forest

Whilst on holiday in the UK, we travelled through the New Forest and snapped this picture of a 'wild' New Forest pony mare and her foal on the side of the road. It was quite a novelty for us as you don't see wild horses in Africa - only the odd Zebra in a game park!


The ponies are quite used to the tourists and take no notice of the cars or hikers wandering around their grazing land. It was really lovely to see them as we drove through this most beautiful part of England. I believe they make excellent children's ponies and are very good natured.

9 comments:

Deirdre said...

Hi Jayne: Take a bow Janye, your horse blog is lovely. Now go hunt some Hanoverian pics. and post them for me. lol. Deirdre.

Magdalen Islands said...

What a nice thing to put in your blog Jayne. My Dream got loose today nad I chased him all over the community for fear that some car would hit him.

Callie said...

Hi, Thanks for adding me to your blog roll. I'll get you added to mine this week. I've got a related post about the New Forest ponies in the UK on my site. I think it's in the March archives. Give it a read. I had a fun time with those crazy wild ponies.

Jayne :) said...

Hi Callie

Thanks for visiting - I've just started this so hope to have lots of interesting stuff posted soon. I really enjoyed your blog too - will definitely keep visiting! :)

Jayne :) said...

Thanks guys - it is great to have you visit :)

More stuff comming soon!

Unknown said...

looks at Jayne wit 'not so sure' eyes...

Um..I bet you're slightly wonderin what Im'a doin round these here parts. Well, I was just passin through and I got ta thinkin.

Who took this picture? What, you thought I was gonna saddle up?

~waits in stable for reply~

Jayne :) said...

Hi there CD :)

It was most likely the girl child, although since they are standing (or lying, as the case may be) still - there is a possibility is was me?

It taken through the car window after many anguished shouts for the hubby to STOP so we could get some pictures of these lovely beasts. :)

They are everywhere as you drive through the New Forest.

Anonymous said...

the genius behind this picture was , of course, me :D
loves you

Jayne :) said...

And thank you for clarifying that one dear :)